Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

10-Year Celebratory Book

A celebration of 10 years of community hydrotherapy at St George's

Community Hydrotherapy Pool Book Web_V3.pdf File Uploaded: 5 September 2021 4.9 MB

Press release by Peterborough Regional College:

St George’s Community Hydrotherapy Pool 10 Year Anniversary Celebratory Book designed by Peterborough College Graphic Design Students

The enduring and much-loved St George’s Community Hydrotherapy Pool, who are celebrating ten years providing hydrotherapy for the Peterborough community, have commissioned Graphic Design Students from Peterborough College to design a Book of Commemoration to celebrate the 10 wonderful years the pool has supported and helped people across the city.

The St George’s Friends wanted a high quality, well designed book as an enduring record of the pool. The aim was to highlight the successes and achievements over ten years and share the experience of people coming to the pool, a record that users and stakeholders can enjoy.

Karen Oldale, St George’s Friends and Service Users Lead said, "The students have exceeded our expectations. Not only have they designed a delightfully colourful and attractive book, but we were impressed by their initiative, professionalism and sensitivity to the brief. They captured the spirit of St George's.”

Philia Perekekeme and Louise Nicholls who both completed their BTEC Level 3 course in Graphic Design this year took on the commission whilst also completing their final assignment for the course.  

Graphic Design student Philia (Eta) Perekeme said, "I have always loved designing work for others individually, but this project showed me how valuable a team can be. Working under others or within a group setting is a valuable skill to have in any capacity, but even more so within the design industry. I am grateful to have such a good lead on this project, as well as some great clients to work for. I can only hope that my future work in the industry can be as educational as this project." phijidesigns.co.uk

“I have really enjoyed working on this project as it has helped me improve my communication skills with a client. This is an important part of the design industry that will help with future work and with my Digital Arts course at University Centre Peterborough,” stated student Louise Nichols.

Digby Chacksfield, Graphic Design Lecturer said, “The BTEC level 3 Graphic Design course equips students with professional skills and knowledge enabling them to apply for jobs or begin to work freelance after completing the course.  We pride ourselves on seeing students gain the confidence to take on work like the St George’s commission. I am immensely proud of the professional conduct of the student from liaising with the client to producing an industry quality final outcome.  Our students are ready to work early on in the course and by the time they are finished are extremely well equipped to enter the industry or continue onto university. We are currently open for applications for September 2021, anyone interested can apply at www.peterborough.ac.uk.”

“It has been a pleasure working with St George’s Hydrotherapy Pool and we welcome other graphic design work experience opportunities for our students”

Rachel Nicholls, Principle at Peterborough College  “I am so proud of the fantastic work the graphic design students at Peterborough College have produced as part of this project.  Participating in real-life project briefs brings courses to life and ensures that our students are employment focussed and job ready. We are pleased that we were able to support St George's Hydrotherapy Pool and recognise the brilliant contribution they make to the Peterborough Community.”